- Carl Petri in 1938
"places" and "transitions"
- places are things (genes, molecules, components)
- transitions represents a process between places
- bipartite graph -> place-transition-place
"signaling petri net":
- models a flow of tokens
- tokens move around the petri net
- simulation is series of time blocks (grouped petri nets)
- each time a transition fires a random number of tokens is passed downstream
maybe related to Hest?
- allowing to play history back and forth?
- time control?
- Petri Nets might be interesting when related to VPLs