I research, design, and develop computational interfaces.
I'm a design engineer at Replit, where I work on future-of-coding efforts for a multiplayer development environment.
I also run a boutique R&D consultancy called flow/control, where I specialize in solving complex design problems, usually for startups working in the end-user programming space.
Previously, I was a principal investigator at Ink&Switch, where I explored programmable ink and back-of-the-envelope-computation.
I also speak at conferences, give workshops and teach.
For a detailed history and upcoming events, have a look at my bio.
In my free time, I tinker on personal projects, research independently, and make ambient music from deconstructed acoustic sounds.
- 2023-07-03Q2 2023 — Live-Coding Notebooks, SDF Spreadsheets, and a DIY Pen Plotter
- 2023-04-03Q1 2023 — Joining Replit, and musings from the Job Hunt
- 2023-01-02Q4 2022 — Publications, Appearances, and looking for the Next Thing
- 2022-10-03Q3 2022 — Strange Loop, and research at Glide
- 2022-07-04Q2 2022 — Embedding VPLs in Existing Contexts, DIY Document Camera, and a New 3D Printer
- 2022-04-04Q1 2022 — Sketching, Modeling and Programming
- 2022-01-03Q4 2021 — A Dog, Short Ramble on "Programming", MIDI→CV, and a Rabbit-Holing Web Browser
- 2021-09-27Q3 2021 — New Home, New Music and Collection Browsing
- 2021-06-28Q2 2021 — Executing Incomplete Programs and Magic Glass
- 2021-03-29Q1 2021 — MakeSpace, Clay, Ink&Switch, Haze, Freezeframe, and Personal Experiments
- 2020-12-28End of 2020
Need my help with something? Want to collaborate? Interested in details of one of my projects? — happy to chat!
I love getting emails: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also tweet and toot, and this website is a part of the webring.